sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Sebring LX (Convertible): JohnThe problem I am

Customer Question

Hi John
The problem I am having is my Chrysler sebring will not crank. The fuses are good. New starter. This began with me making a hard left. then bring the steering wheel back to center heard a pop and the air bag light came on. No horn or cruise. we finished driving to where we were going. We got ready to leave turn the the key and nothing just dash lights.Not even a starter sound. Did hear the fuel pump come on. I have replaced the ignition switch and the clock spring that was dead.Still turn the key and no sign of the car trying to crank. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The starter not engaging could be quite a few things. I would first suspect the PCM being down but if the fuel pump does run when the key is turned on then the PCM is at least partially awake.

You may have an ignition switch issue, wiring, it could be the transmission range sensor, the starter relay, or it could still be a PCM issue.

Do you know if the PCM will communicate with a scan tool?

Have fuses been checked?