Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6: whats wrong when a check engine lite…

Customer Question
whats wrong when a check...
whats wrong when a check engine lite comes on right after driving in hot weather with th eair conditioner on
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/20/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
There are literally hundreds of faults that can set the check engine light and the symptoms are a bit too generic to narrow it down, so we need to retreive the fault codes.
Within 5 seconds, turn the ignition key on-off-on-off-on, leaving it in the on position(position just before cranking). Now look at the odometer and the codes should scroll across there as Pxxxx codes. example - P0420
Do this and let me know the fault codes. It may take a couple of tries to get the codes
eric, the only number that flashed on was 32900
HI,
Ok, that would not be a fault code.
If you crank the engine, is the check engine light staying on at this time?
the only number that flashed was 32900
ok eric i done it again, this time the oil indicator sign appeared in that section
no
no the engine check lite went out
HI,
Ok, this is going to be an intermittent fault, which can be difficult to trace with no fault code
When the check engine light comes on, are there any noticable driveabilty symptoms?
no, not running, i havn't driven it
HI,
Ok, I will have to opt out. Without any symptoms, without a fault code, it is impossible to say what is causing it to come on. If another expert can help, they will reply here
Chrysler Mechanic: bill, chrysler master tech replied 3 years ago
bill
bill, chrysler master tech
you need a code reader to pull codes on all obd2 Chryslers now the old "key dance" WILL NOT give you engine computer codes only engineering data that is of no use in the field