Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: John, my son has a 2006 PT

Customer Question
Hi John, my son has...
Hi John, my son has a 2006 PT Cruiser and the driver side front window and passenger side rear window won't work from the master switch. I put a new master switch in and it still does not work either window. The problem is that the drivers front window is halfway down and when it rains he gets wet.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 day by:
6/19/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the switch has been replaced then the problem is either going to be wiring or the window motors themselves. It's more likely to be the motors but it's definitely possible that you could have wiring issues. The most common place to find damaged wiring is in the boots between the doors and body.
What will need to be done is remove the door panels on the affected doors and use a test light set up across the motor terminals with the connector unplugged and see if it lights up with the key on and window switch pressed. If so then the motor has failed. If it doesn't light then you have a wiring issue.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician