sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler 300 Limited: I have to jump start my 06 if I leave

Customer Question

I have to jump start my 06 if I leave it sit over night, I checked the starter batt alt but there all good any ideas?????and it's giving me a code 0700
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
P0700 sets in the powertrain control module when there is a code stored in the transmission control module. You'll need to use a scan tool or code reader to see what is setting in the TCM, it may just be a low battery voltage code.
If the battery is good and it has to be jump started after sitting overnight then you have a battery draw. Something is drawing current while the vehicle is at rest. The problem could be a light coming on or staying on (such as the glovebox light), a module staying awake, or the alternator can also cause a draw.
What will need to be done is an ignition off draw test. If a draw is present then the best way to determine what circuit current is flowing on is checking voltage drop across fuses, then components on the problem circuit can be concentrated on.