Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Town & Country: I changed spark plugs

Customer Question
I changed spark plugs for...
I changed spark plugs for routine maintenance it started and ran fine four times now it won't turn over but is cranking it seems I don't have a spark I grounded plug out and I did not see spark visually
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/14/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
My recommendation at this point is to scan for the "Diagnostic Trouble Codes" (DTC's) from the onboard computers. The DTC's are used as the Starting Point for diagnosis. They let you know which system(s) the fault is in. This information is of great value for correct diagnosis. As a Technician, my first course of action is normally to scan for the DTC's. If you can obtain these codes, we can more accurately and efficiently diagnose the problem. You can borrow a code reader for FREE at your local auto part store (AutoZone, O'Reileys, Advanced, etc.). If you post these Diagnostic Trouble Codes here, I can obtain the most accurate information to help you diagnose the Concern, and then point you towards the correct repair.
Keep me posted and let me know if you have additional questions...
Thank you,
Robert
Yesterday it had codes come up for cam position sensor, I changed it out. I just found that I didn't have sensor completely pushed down. After I reinstalled position sensor it would not crank anymore just click click click , thinking I had drained battery from trying to start to many times I swapped battery's and it started up.i took battery in turns out it had a bad cell just had battery checked out a week ago and it tested fine, hoping that sensor and battery was problem would that sensor create a no spark condition? Anyhow I hope this is a fix and not some other issue....
Cool, I'm glad you got it going....
To answer your question, yes, the Cam Sensor WILL cause a No Spark Condition. The battery can cause this also when you have a dead cell. Many times the battery can have enough amperage to crank the engine but the PCM shuts down to low voltage and this will also cause No SPark...
Thank you,
Robert
______________________________________
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please keep in mind, If you are not happy with your answer and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for your answer is GREATLY appreciated and is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician