Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Town & Country Touring: 2007 Chrysler Town and…

Customer Question
2007 Chrysler Town and Country...
2007 Chrysler Town and Country. I get a P0513 code. Car won't start. I dropped my key getting into my car.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/12/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The code P0513 indicates an Invalid SKIM Key Detected which likely means your key was damages when you dropped it and the computer can not read it any longer.I would start first with trying your spare key if you have have one and if neither work then you are going to need to have the programming check as well as the keys. Unfortunately this is best done by the dealer. See the factory pinpoint test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them .
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0513%20Jun%2012.pdf