Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Asked yesterday about 1999 Chrysler Sebring JXI 2.5 , cranks…

Customer Question
asked yesterday about 1999 Chrysler...
asked yesterday about 1999 Chrysler Sebring JXI 2.5 , cranks but wont start, doesn't get spark, no voltage to crank sensor or to distributor. Also has a burnt electrical smell in car. Everything else in car works, but wont start.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/12/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Amedee, Chrysler Technician replied 3 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Chrysler Technician
Hello and welcome!
My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.
Start by checking for a 5 volt reference to the TPS and MAP sensor with the key on. If there is no reference voltage to these sensors with the key on, then we need to check all inputs to the PCM with the key on. This includes all powers from all fuses, ignition switch and even fusible links (if equipped).
Customer
have checked all fuses inside and outside, all good, relays all good, but smell burnt electrical inside vehicle, but everything else inside works with key , only problem car wont start,
So what about the reference voltage?
there is none
Ok, then the computer is not awake. This is why the vehicle will not start.
Your next step would be to check all powers and grounds going into the PCM with the key on. If all checks out good, then the PCM is bad and will need to be replaced.
Customer
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you were able to make any progress on the vehicle?
Customer
Hello!
ItsCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?
Let me know!
Customer
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know!
Customer