Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I replace the master power switch/side mirror on a…

Customer Question
How do I replace the...
How do I replace the master power switch/side mirror on a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/11/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
sorry for the delay.............Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”.The power mirror switch is integral to the Driver Door Module (DDM). The power mirror switch cannot be repaired or adjusted and, if inoperative or damaged, the entire DDM unit must be replaced1.Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.2.Remove the rear door trim panel.3.Remove the mounting fasteners and power window switchHere is Factory proceduresee attachment below.IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.. Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time.NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed..Rating is very Important to our Service..
How did we get from the master switch to a regular door?
??
are you not wanting to replace the Mirror / Window Switch in the Driver Door?
.
yes, but your reply and attachment are talking about and showing a rear door
.
That is right from the Factory Chrysler Manual, as it shows the Switch Panel
2005 Chrysler Pacifica V6-3.8L VIN L
Vehicle Doors » Front Door Panel » Service and Repair » Trim Panel
.
Many diagrams are "generic" in the Manual as they assume the Tech understands the procedures
sorry..........
.
do I have to remove the whole door panel or can I just pop the piece out around the drivers side controls? Number 2 on your instructions says "remove rear door trim panel" and the doors pictured are all over the place. I have a new DDM, I just want to know the simplest way possible to install it.
Door Panel needs to be removed.
.
Please let me appoligize for the Instructions "directly printed" from manual.
I see the mistake by Chrysler;
2.Remove the rear door trim panel.
I never paid attention to that line
It is NOT correct, as it should say "front", but that is how it was printed.
.
.
also this should help:
(copy & paste into browser)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqJxGInobu0
Thanks. I was a little too literal. Found a video of the process. That and the attachment should get me through.
Thank you...........hope r & r goes good.......
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch