Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Sebring: I am having the exact issue described here,

Customer Question
I am having the exact...
I am having the exact issue described here, http://www.justanswer.com/chrysler/61rc3-chrysler-sebring-lx-changed-motors-2004-sebring-sedan.html
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/11/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair
Hi,My name is Tim,
I will do my best to assist you
if the timing is out of sync,there is no adjustment you can do on the 2.7. i would think it is out of sync because of a worn timing chain and will need a new timing set installed.
Parts Information OEM Part # Price
Timing Chain
Timing Chain
19 - Main (###) ###-####$169.00
19 - Secondary (###) ###-####C $32.75
14 - Chain (###) ###-####C $32.75
Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard
Replace
B 4.7 6.2
thanks
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]
.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/adt52mxljghxu0h/0611-sebring-TIMING%20CHAIN%20AND%20SPROCKETS.doc?dl=0
.
if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way
thanks
.
www.dropbox.com/s/adt52mxljghxu0h/0611-sebring-TIMING%20CHAIN%20AND%20SPROCKETS.doc?dl=0
.
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Thanks Tim,In the previous link I sent you the expert mentioned that is the cam and crank position sensors are plus or minus 3 degrees or more the timing needs to be "reset" Did that mean reset in the computer? I have heard of guy's zeroing out the sensors with a scan tool and the problem goes away. Do I need to check the actual mechanical timing?
i dont see that it can be reset by a scanner..
yes,i would think the mechanical chain will need to be checked/replaced
thanks
If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.