sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler Town & Country Touring: I have a 2005 Chrysler

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country. 157,000 miles. Recently, it threw the code for a bad Fan 1 Control circuit, so I replaced the relay that's riveted to the body in front of the radiator on the driver's side.
The code cleared itself when I was done, and has worked fine for a few weeks. Last night, it started throwing the code again.
I hope it didn't pop the relay again. They are $60+ and hard to find.
What can I do to more effectively troubleshoot this issue?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
The first thing you'll want to do is check the fuse.
If the fuse is good then you'd need to test the power feed, ground and control circuit to the relay. The control wire would need to be checked or an open circuit and a short to power or ground.
If the inputs to the relay are good, it's setting a code and the fan is not working then the relay has failed again. Aftermarket relays do often cause repeat issues but high current draw from a failing fan motor will also cause repeat relay failures.