Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler 300 Limited: replacing airbags on 2012 chrysler 3…

Customer Question
replacing airbags on 2012 chrysler...
replacing airbags on 2012 chrysler 300
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/9/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Chris, Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris
Chris, Technician
Welcome! my name is ***** ***** I would like to thank you for allowing me to assist you! What do you need help with in regards ***** ***** the airbags?
Chris

yes hello

I am here. What is your question?
Chris
I am replacing all airbags in a 2012 Chrysler 300. Was wondering what else I need to replace? SRS module? Been researching but was hoping to speak to a technician about it.
Thanks
Ok got it. Let me look at the factory service manual and see what it says to replace after an airbag deployment for that model. I will get back to you asap
Chris
Richard, here is the information for you. I hope this helps!
Chris.
.
10 - Restraints/Standard Procedure
SERVICE AFTER A SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM DEPLOYMENT
Any vehicle which is to be returned to use following a Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) component deployment must have the deployed restraints replaced. In addition, the following guidelines MUST be observed.
•Following ANY major vehicle impact damage in the vicinity of an impact sensor or the ORC - It is critical that the mounting surfaces and mounting brackets for the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC), front impact sensors and side impact sensors located within the proximity of the impact damage be closely inspected and restored to their original conditions. Because the ORC and each impact sensor are used by the SRS to monitor or confirm the direction and severity of a vehicle impact, improper orientation or insecure fastening of these components may cause airbags not to deploy when required, or to deploy when not required.
•Following ANY airbag deployment event - The Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren (LATCH) provisions, the upper tether anchors (if equipped) and all interior trim panels must also be inspected.
•If an active head restraint is deployed - An inertia-based Active Head Restraint (AHR) unit that is undamaged following a deployment automatically resets itself. These units are designed with the intention of reuse.
•If the driver airbag is deployed - If the Driver AirBag (DAB) has been deployed, the DAB, the clockspring, the steering wheel, the steering column assembly including the intermediate shaft and coupler, both front seat belt retractor and tensioner assemblies, both front seat belt buckle and tensioner assemblies (if equipped) and all other seat belt retractors and buckles in use must be replaced. The front impact sensors must be inspected.
•If the knee airbag is deployed - On vehicles so equipped, if the Knee AirBag (KAB) (also known as the Inflatable Knee Blocker/IKB) has been deployed, the KAB and the instrument panel steering column opening cover must be replaced. The instrument panel must also be inspected.
•If the passenger airbag is deployed - If the Passenger AirBag (PAB) has been deployed, the PAB, the instrument panel and the PAB wire harness or connector must be replaced.
•If a seat airbag is deployed - If a Seat AirBag (SAB) (also known as the pelvic and thoracic airbag) has been deployed, the SAB, the SAB jumper wire harness, the thermoplastic SAB chute, the seat back frame, the seat back foam, the seat back trim cover and the side impact sensors on the same side of the vehicle as the deployed airbag must be replaced. Both front seat belt retractor and tensioner assemblies, both front seat belt buckle and tensioner assemblies (if equipped) and all other seat belt retractors and buckles in use must be replaced.
•If a seat belt tensioner is deployed - The seat belt tensioners are deployed in conjunction with the front airbags, but can also be deployed with a Seat AirBag (SAB) (also known as the pelvic and thoracic airbag) or side curtain airbags (also known as Side AirBag Inflatable Curtains/SABIC). All seat belt tensioners must be replaced if any airbag in the vehicle except a Knee AirBag (KAB) has been deployed.
•If a side curtain airbag is deployed - If a side curtain airbag (also known as Side AirBag Inflatable Curtain/SABIC) has been deployed, the SABIC, the A, B and C-pillar trim and the side impact sensors on the same side of the vehicle as the deployed airbag must be replaced. The headliner, both front seat belt retractor and tensioner assemblies, both front seat belt buckle and tensioner assemblies (if equipped) and all other seat belt retractors and buckles in use must be replaced. For vehicles with an optional sunroof, the sunroof and the sunroof drain tubes and hoses must be inspected.