SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

At seemingly random times my 2002 town and country will not

Customer Question

At seemingly random times my 2002 town and country will not start when turning the key. Right now after a few tried the can will start but I am of course worried about getting stranded. What is the most likely cause of this? When the key is turn various electronics come one such as the radio and a/c.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.I am assuming the car does not crank.The most likely problem is a bad starter solenoid.The starter will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would this explain it working some of the time? Like it will work fine for a couple of days and then it does not work but then it will work after a few tries of turning the key.
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.
Yes that sounds like the starter.Bad contacts in the solenoid.That's what it does when it starts going out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have heard that one of the bolts is difficult to remove, the upper one actually. Having looked in the engine what I see is the bolt that has the electrical connection is this the same place as the upper bolt? if I understand it correctly i would need to use a deep socket to remove that upper bolt.
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.
Yes you will need a deep socket to remove that bolt.