Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
1609972

Chrysler Town & Country: m My 1997 vsn will start and

Customer Question

m
My 1997 vsn will start and then dies.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Is the security light on when this happens? Is this equipped with VTS? If unsure can you post the last 9 of the VIN and I can check?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My van isn't here. What is VTSanI are here
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
VTS stands for "Vehicle Theft Security System"...
What color is the key that is used to start the vehicle? Black, Grey or just plain silver/brass?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Black
Expert:  Robert R replied 2 years ago.
Ok the black key means that it doesn't have immobilzer. It could still have VTS though... Does it have Power Locks and Remote Keyless entry? Is it equipped with keyfobs to lock and unlock doors?