sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited: I have a 2002 pt cruiser I bought

Customer Question

I have a 2002 pt cruiser I bought it used 1 yr ago 7 months ago I took it in to where Im buying it from to get brakes an tune up I got it back within a week I took it back it was making all kinds of noises in the front brakes.They looked at it said nothing wrong it kept going on took it back noises were getting worse They said buy new tires this went on for 6 months new ball joints 2 times new arm noise still happening so I made an appointment with Chrysler they showed me what it was they did not put shims on the car after they did the break job now my front end is all messed up what can I do. All because of the shims ?
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If the shims at the brake pad contact areas were left off it would cause a rattle over bumps that goes away when the brake pedal is pressed. Worse case scenario would be that pads wore into the caliper brackets enough that the brackets will need to be replaced, which isn't a major repair.
What are they saying needs to be replaced?