Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Town& Country: I have a Town&Country Yr.2000

Customer Question
I have a Town&Country Yr.2000...
I have a Town&Country Yr.2000 . The engine light comes on and stays on. Had it checked since inspection is the end of this month.My mechanic adjusts the module and the light is then off, and I have to road test it.after driving 40 miles, the light comes back on. Despite the engine light being on, the car runs fine. Recent changes to the car are new brake line system;new gas cap replacing the broken original cap car came with ( I know that if the gas cap isn't on tite enough the light goes on),and gasoline station I usually go to has changed its company so I'm not sure if there is a change in their gasoline.So , how do I get this light under control?
thanks
Joe Raffaele,
Coram, Long Island,NY
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/8/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Mario, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mario
Mario, ASE Certified Technician
Hi, I'm Mario and I will help you today.The first thing we need to do is find out what diagnostic code is being set. You can have the codes read for free at any Autozone or Advance Auto.Once you get me the code, I should be able to give you more advice on what might be possibly causing your problem.
Thanks for your note.i will visit autozone at first opportunity and then get right back to you.-joe raffaele
I got hold of CArMD device and used it.A code PO700 and PO740.
When I looked this up on the computer it said there was a problem with
the torque conveter clutch solenoid electrical circuit,and something in the TTC assembly may be the problem.Within the past month I had to change the gas cap, and the brake lines,so I don't know if either of these contributed also to the engine light being on. anyway, I have tentatively made an appointment with a local transmission place to the service the car this week.....I know it is going to expensive!
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics