Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo: I have a 2003 Turbo with 40000 miles.

Customer Question
I have a 2003 Turbo...
I have a 2003 Turbo with 40000 miles. Sometime I start and oil light comes on. If I shut off and start again it does not come on. Recent oil changed and oil level is fine. I am considering a drive of 500 miles and wonder if all is OK.
Thanks -- Dave
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/9/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you don't hear any abnormal noise and especially if the light goes off after restarting the engine the most likely cause is a failed oil sender. The problem may be electrical or the sender membrane may have ruptured and is leaking oil into the electrical connector. If oil pressure was truly low then the light wouldn't stay off after a restart, that is a normal symptom of a failed sender.