Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: Clunking sound from rear end on

Customer Question
Clunking sound from rear end...
Clunking sound from rear end on passanger side from rear end axle
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
its like everytime go over a bump 0-50mph it stoppes after 55mph I checked for a possible broken shock it tight under there could it be in the axle itself or what
what could the price possible be if your answer could be right I live blasdell NY 14219
6/8/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In most cases the type of clunking you are describing can be cause by worn bushing in the rear suspension , I would start with getting it up in the air and inspect all the rubber bushing on the rear suspension. I have enclosed a link to where there located. Have them all checked. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Rear%20suspension%20Jun%208.pdf
Ron, ASE Certified Technician