Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

WHEN I TRY TO START MY SEBRING ALL I GET IS A CLICK NOISE…

Customer Question
WHEN I TRY TO START...
WHEN I TRY TO START MY SEBRING ALL I GET IS A CLICK NOISE
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/4/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.Do you have a volt meter?The first thing you need to do is check the battery voltage.Let me know what the voltage is.
Let me save some time, battery is good, new starter, checked fuses... Now what else could it be?
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It will take some electrical testing to determine what is happening.
If you get a rapid clicking that happens the whole time the key is held in the crank position that's from low battery voltage available to the starter, either due to a low battery or voltage drop in a cable or poor connection.
If you get a single click and the starter is new then the problem would most likely be a poor connection at the starter, battery, or jump start post connection.