sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

WHEN I TRY TO START MY SEBRING ALL I GET IS A CLICK NOISE

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I will do my best to answer your question.Do you have a volt meter?The first thing you need to do is check the battery voltage.Let me know what the voltage is.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let me save some time, battery is good, new starter, checked fuses... Now what else could it be?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
It will take some electrical testing to determine what is happening.
If you get a rapid clicking that happens the whole time the key is held in the crank position that's from low battery voltage available to the starter, either due to a low battery or voltage drop in a cable or poor connection.
If you get a single click and the starter is new then the problem would most likely be a poor connection at the starter, battery, or jump start post connection.