Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Chrysler Pacifica Limited: 2005 pacifica 0480, i replaced the

Customer Question

2005 pacifica 0480, i replaced the fan relay and it did no turn on. I then grounded pin 4 of the cable to the relay and the fans turned on, where do I go from here
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Unplug the PCM and ground the brown/violet wire at pin 6 of connector 3. This wire grounds pin 4 of relay. So if grounding wire at PCM doesn't activate fan you know there is a wiring problem on that wire between PCM and relay. At this point you will need to trace wire or run a new wire. This vehicle has a lot of problems with this wire near the transmission cooler line so I'd start by checking there. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.