Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have an 05 pt cruiser non turbo and…

Customer Question
I have an 05 pt...
I have an 05 pt cruiser non turbo and the fan is not kicking on when the compressor kicks in what can be the problem?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/2/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here
The low speed fan should run anytime the A/C is on and if your is not them you may have a Radiator Cooling Fan Module which is very common on the 2005. In order to determine if that is the case you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cooling%20fan%20test%20Jun2.pdf
Ok let's just say it is that, would I have to replace the cooling fan control? Or which part would it be if I was to buy it at autozone. I have done some research and I'm thinking it is that as well
And What if it isn't that what else can it be?
I don't recommend you replace anything until you do the test steps I sent you. Doing so will avoid replacing unneeded parts .