Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler town & country: cruise control will not engage…

Customer Question
cruise control will not engage...
cruise control will not engage 2012 town & country
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
6/2/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
There are a handful of things that will prevent cruise control from working.
The first step in diagnosing the problem will be seeing if any fault codes are set. There are many issues such as electronic throttle control, MAP sensor, cam or crank sensor or trans related codes, etc that are seemingly unrelated but will prevent cruise from working.
If there are no codes set then you almost surely have a bad switch. A scan tool would need to be used to check it's input to the powertrain control module.