Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring: . My brother's PT cruiser, 2001,

Customer Question
Hi. My brother's PT cruiser...
Hi. My brother's PT cruiser, 2001, sunroof is jammed open in the "vent" position. I think the motor is fine...I can hear it operating. But there are two rods that have detached.
When I compare it with a (2005)
PT Cruiser, I see those rods are attached with a hex nut and assembliy. I don't see those nuts or assemblies on his at all.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/31/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you hear the motor running but the glass doesn't move at all and you're seeing something that looks like loose rods then you may have broken guides and what you're seeing loose are the cables. The cables go from the motor to the guides to move them fore and aft.
Are you able to upload a picture of what you're seeing?
Is the glass removed?
No. glass is there. the sunroof is stuck in vent, so it's open in back but closed in front.
Go ahead and remove the glass panel if it's something you're wanting to diagnose and repair yourself. You shodul see that the rods were mounted to the guides. The guides may be broken and have allowed the rods to come out.