Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Sebring JXi (Convertible): I have a 1997 sebring convertible…

Customer Question
I have a 1997 sebring...
I have a 1997 sebring convertible and the right turn signal flashes quickly which means it could have a bad bulb. I checked the bulbs and they are find, switched the bulb harness and it works fine on the left side. I saw you response regarding the # ***** pin for left side and for my problem it appears that I would check the # ***** pin? Also I did remove the headlight dimmer switch and I see that it has a five pin square yellow fuse part # ***** Could it have failed? can it be tested?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/31/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
What you saw on the multifunction switch is the flasher. If you just have one turn signal not working then the flasher won't be the cause.
It looks as though the right rear is the one not working. If the right rear is the only turn signal not working but the light and bulbs work when plugged into the left side then the problem has to be an open circuit to the lamp. This could be a wiring issue, an internal issue in the junction block, or the combined rear lamp module. It will take some electrical testing of the circuit to find at what point power is being lost.