Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

I have a 2008 T&C. When I press the button to open

Customer Question
Hello, I have a 2008...
Hello, I have a 2008 T&C. When I press the button to open the tailgate lift door it beeps 2x's and releases but that is it. I am unable to lift the door open from that point. When I press the button again it beeps 2x's and latches back securely. I thought that it might be the shock cylinders, but I am unable to lift the door open at all.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/30/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Chad, Lead Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Do you still need assistance?
I need to get back with you a little later if that is OK
Yes that will be fine. Just let me know when you have time.
OK, Thanks
Just post back here when you return
I don't need assistance. The door was not opening as the vinyl strip on the bumper was bowed up causing the door to hang up.
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics