SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 16 years experience
10552493

Ron, As a continuation of my problems with my 1999 Chrysler

Customer Question

Ron, As a continuation of my problems with my 1999 Chrysler LHS, I have checked that the spark is getting to the spark plugs. My mechanic has checked that the fuel pressure you mentioned is good and that I do have injector pulse/s. We have made use of
starter fluid being sprayed directly into the air intake to determine if we can get the car to run. The engine turns over easily, but it will not run. During this procedure the engine tries to start running but will not catch. Also, the engine starts to "diesel"
as well. At this time I want to know if you think that anyone of three sensors may be the most likely culprit? I wonder if it is a Camshaft Position sensor, a Crankshaft Position sensor, or a Throttle Body Position sensor. Or do you think that there may be
some other issue? Please provide me with a specific answer to resolve the problem that is keeping my car from running (if possible).
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  SuperDave replied 2 years ago.
If the engine diesels then the timing is off.The first thing you need to do is check the compression on all the cylinders.I'm sure the compression is low and that the timing has jumped.Get back to me with the results for the compression test.