Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Pacifica: Have problem with 2005 pACIFICA. After

Customer Question
Have problem with 2005 pACIFICA...
Have problem with 2005 pACIFICA. After replacing battery something is discharging battery overnight. With car parked, doors closed, key out of ignition test + side of batt for current draw..reads between 500 and 600 mamp
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
It has been over 10 mins......How much longer before I get an answer?
5/28/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 28+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Sorry for the delay...
Is this 500 to 600 millamps draw after sitting at least 20 minutes?
The computers need time to go to sleep. After 20 minutes or so you should see around 35 milliamps...
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
This would be after the car has been sitting for over an hour.(600 mAmp draw) Something is draining the battery overnight. What could cause this problem. No lights on even checked glove compartment.
There are several things that can cause this. It could be anything from like you stated about a light being on, it could be that one of the modules won't go to sleep keeping the BUS awake or an aftermarket accessory installed that is interfering with the onboard electrical system..
At this time, I recommend to start disconnecting fuses one at a time to see if you can isolate the problem to a given circuit.... try this and let me know which fuse number drops the draw within range....
Keep me posted...
Thank you,
Robert
Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician