Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Sebring GTC: how do I remove the glued broken glass…

Customer Question
how do I remove the...
how do I remove the glued broken glass from the vinyl convertible rear window and replace it with Plexiglas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/27/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
To remove the broken glass, use either goof-off, 3m glue solvent, or even fingernail polish remover to soak between the glass and the convertible top and then use a putty knife or boxcutter to go between the glass and the top to work it loose and remove it.
Then clean the top surface where the glue was with some alcohol to remove any left over glue residue.
here are directions on how to glue the plexiglass window into place and the type of glue to use:
3M Windo-weld is what you want.
1.Clean surface, unlock the top and place a 2" spacer to relieve stress on window interface.
2.Apply thin coat of 3M Glass Primer [08682 or 08681] to the glass area to be glued -10 min dry time.
3.Apply 3/16" bead of 3M Windo-Weld adhesive 10.5 oz tube [08609] over primer - Press the surface of the top around the window to provide a good contact and extrude excess adhesive.
4.Prop up the window from inside the car to provide good contact between the glass and top - this is important. place some duct tape in a few locations at the window top interface to assist in holding the top to glass. Cover top to protect from rain - leave top unlocked with spacer.
5. let it cure for 3 days .
6. Carefully clean excess adhesive with razor blade.
7. Materials can be ordered online or at a body shop supplies retailer.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?