Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler PT Cruiser: We recently moved to SW Florida and consequently…

Customer Question
We recently moved to SW...
We recently moved to SW Florida and consequently use the air almost all the time. Love this 1008 cruiser but when idling with air on, there is a horrible intermittent shuddering that makes me think it will die and air runs hot. As soon as I get moving, the problem is gone, until the next light. Sure hope you can help. It is currently at the dealer but they say there is nothing wrong.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/27/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech replied 3 years ago
jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
hi,I would have them check the motor and transmission mounts .
when the ac is on,this puts a lot of stress on the motor/motor mounts
if the idle is where it should be then the motor mounts are a good thing to look at .and most likely the issue ....
if I helped you please rate with a positive smiley face ,if I didnt please let me know why and what was wrong with the vehicle ..thank you
Please don't rate bad if the issue wasn't what I helped you with or you need further help ..