Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have a 2007 chrysler pt cruiser. There…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 chrysler...
I have a 2007 chrysler pt cruiser. There is a black tube that is not connected to anything . It comes out of the air intake next to the sensor. Does it need to be connected somewhere?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/20/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Do you have a camera?
Yes where do you need photo sent?
Upload it here and then give me the link, http://imgur.com/
http://imgur.com/c5md6jB
http://imgur.com/VfuKjJp
http://imgur.com/gQaPyiV
http://imgur.com/ludAR0g
http://imgur.com/vxT5MEC
It's dark hope these work.
I was getting a check engine light so I had it read. It was the inlet air temp sensor. I replaced it and noticed the tube to nowhere next to it. Guy at oil change shop said it could be a vacuum tube but could not find where it connected. Anyway after I replaced sensor ,light went out for a couple days then came back on. I could check to see if it's the same code showing. Idles kind of rough when stopped. Other than that it seems to run fine.
Like you said, those pictures are too dark, plus you should be pointing to the part in every picture and after taking some close ups, move the camera back some so I can see the entire engine.
Ok well I'm going to have to send better pic in the morning when I have better light.
ok
http://imgur.com/M9rW0yT
http://imgur.com/AfbX58h
http://imgur.com/kafDEU7
http://imgur.com/PWwcOwH
Here are some new photos of the part . The tube is brittle and broke toward the end last night. I taped it back together.
Ok, give me a few moments to look through the manual.
I have no idea where it goes. I have searched and searched and searched and nothing. Sorry.
Could just be some sort of breather? Do you know what may be related to the intake air temp sensor that would be giving the error code? I had to have the seal replaced on the spark plugs due to oil leakage not long ago. Maybe 3-4 weeks ago.
Not without the actual code.