Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler 200: My headrest is popped out the locking latch is…

Customer Question
My headrest is popped out...
My headrest is popped out the locking latch is in locked possision how to unlock?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/20/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Randy, Technician replied 3 years ago
Randy
Randy, Technician
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
Follow these steps please>
Be certain to pull the center of AHR tether strap (2) located between the rear trim cover and the cushion (3) upward as far as possible to prevent it from becoming trapped between the latch striker and the latch catches, which could interfere with successful latching of the striker.
Reaching from behind the seat and below the AHR, position both hands on the top of the AHR cushion as illustrated and brace your forearms or your upper torso against the upper seat back as needed for leverage.
Three separate and distinct physical actions must each be completed in their entirety to successfully reset and latch an AHR. It may help to memorize these actions before attempting the reset as:DOWN,BACK and down. A short explanation of each action follows:
DOWN: Pull the cushion downward (arrow a) far enough to allow the AHR linkage to drop out of its locked, deployed position to its neutral position. The cushion cannot be compressed against the rear trim cover until after the AHR linkage has been moved to its neutral position.
BACK: Pull the cushion rearward (arrow b) firmly and evenly against the pressure of the deployment springs until it is flush against the rear trim cover.
DOWN: Finally, while still holding the cushion tightly against the rear trim cover, pull the cushion downward (arrow c) once again far enough to fully engage the latch striker with the AHR latch mechanism. Listen for an audible click as the latch catches engage the striker.
If the tether remains hanging out between the top of the cushion and the rear trim cover, simply use a finger to tuck it out of sight between the top of the rear trim cover and the cushion.
To confirm a successful reset, there should be no visually obvious space between the cushion and the rear trim cover; although, there may be enough space to physically insert your fingertips between them. Also, operation of the comfort tilt adjustment feature should be restored.
Please let me know if this does not work for you or if you need any other assistance.After we have your issue resolved please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Didn't work
Yes
1.Grasp the deployed AHR from the rear seat. Hand positioning points on AHR 2.Position the hands on the top of the deployed AHR at a comfortable position3.Pulldown then rear ward towards the rear of the vehicle then down to engage the locking mechanism.1—Downward Movement2—Rearward Movement3—Final Downward MovementToEngageLockingMechanism4.The AHR fronts of the foam and trim half should lock into the back decorative plastic half
Not working tryed with enging running
okay, if you are not able to get it back in place with the instructions, unfortunately it will need servicing by your local Chrysler dealer.