Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Car doesn't start and sometimes i can mess with the key and

Customer Question
it starts but shuts down...
car doesn't start and sometimes i can mess with the key and it starts but shuts down right after
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chrysler
5/20/2015
Chrysler Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.
Most likely, there is a "red dot" illuminated on the dash. IF this is true, there has been a failure of the Immobilizer System. The failure could be the key, so if you have a second key try that first. IF both keys do the same thing, Likely the failure is the WIN module (Ignition Switch). We have seen failures of this module in the past..
Unfortunately, this type of concern requires you to take it to the dealer for repairs. If your vehicle happens to have less than 36000 miles on it, it is likely still under your basic warranty... If you post a VIN and mileage I can check for you....
______________________________________
If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask, I am happy to help as long as necessary to help solve your concern. Remember, a "Positive" Rating will not close this question, You can post a reply here whenever you want, even after rating my answer!
Thank you!
Robert
Thank you
Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer!
Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through My Profile Page(Bookmark this link). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it
______________________________________
Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please ask "before" you Rate my Answer.
Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you! -- Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or better. It's only then that I am credited... A "Poor" or "Bad Service" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...
Please remember that this site operates on the honor system... Making sure that your expert is paid for good answers is what allows experts to continue working for you and others...
This is an automated response that was scheduled when I posted my answer. I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.
If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my response, I want to say "Thanks, ***** ***** you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also to let you know you can bookmark My Profile Page(Bookmark this link) in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it
If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.
If you are happy with my answer and have not rated my response, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...
If your not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.
Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Technician