Mario
Mario, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Retired Automotive instructor with over 45 years experience as a technician, service manager and teacher.
77311128

Chrysler Sebring JXi (Convertible): 1999 sebring conv air in

Customer Question

1999 sebring conv air in defrost mode only
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused bya bad mode door actuator, and is very common repair on these, we do alot of them, the mode door actuator controls the defrost, vent and floor modes, to access it the dash has to come out, are you planning on fixing this your self?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, instructions?
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry, my internet is acting up today, I will opt out and see if another expert can help you,Tim
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tim, n o one has gotten back, would like info on replacing actuator
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
am still waiting, have the dish torn apart please respond
Expert:  Mario replied 2 years ago.
Hi, this is Mario and I can help you.The mode door actuator is on the left side of the dash.Attached is the factory instructions for replacement.If my information is helpful, please provide me with a positive rating, If you have any questions about my answer, please ask. Thank You.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do I get to the actuator
Expert:  Mario replied 2 years ago.
You must first remove the entire instrument panel. Then you can access the actuator.Here are the instructions. Good Luck.If my information is helpful, please provide me with a positive rating, If you have any questions about my answer, please ask. Thank You. Mario