Chad
Chad, Lead Master Tech
Experience:  Electrical master,Diesel Specialist,Lead tech/ shop foreman
12781541

Chrysler 300 Limited: My 2006 Chrysler, when I start it up

Customer Question

My 2006 Chrysler, when I start it up first thing in the morning I get a lightening bolt symbol on the left side of the instrument panel, and ESP on the other side, and it goes to limp mode. it won't run but about 5 mph. If I turn it off and restart, it's fine the rest of the day and runs good. Please advise.
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Chad replied 2 years ago.
The lightening bolt light is for the throttle body. It is probably setting a Torque Request Denied code. That would be why the ESP light is also coming on. Which would put the vehicle into a limp in state. To know for sure you would need to get the codes in the PCM and ABD read. It is probably that the throttle body is going out and will need replacement and programming. But to know this for sure I would need to know what codes are in the two modules.