Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  #@ years in the Automotive repair field.
7276279

How much does it cost to ask questions here?

Customer Question

Category: Chrysler
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry about that ... that is not my question! I have a 2006 PT Cruiser GT with 68k miles. I took it to my mechanic due to the check engine light on. He said there was oil in the spark plugs? Not sure if I am saying this correctly, Anyway got this worked on, cost was 750.00. I drove 150 miles and a few miles before I reached my destination the check engine light came back on. My car idles roughly on and off and as of yesterday it wouldn't start so I had it jumped. I had the 2 year old battery checked this morning and it tested normal. Does this sound like an alternator problem, short or grounding issue or ?
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing we need to know what the codes are that are setting. Most part stores will run a scan for you at no charge. If you are able, charge your battery and stop buy the part store and have them scan the computer and get the codes and while your there also have them check your battery and alternator which they will usually do at no charge as well. Post back with the results and we can work from there.