Chrysler

Chrysler repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Chrysler Town & Country Limited: 2009 Town and country…

2009 Town and country...
2009 Town and country No start, B2229 ??
2/19/2014
Chrysler Mechanic: Stonyman, Ase Certified Master replied 8 years ago
Stonyman
Stonyman, Ase Certified Master

Hello. This is the code you have- B2229-SKREEM INTERNAL - SKIM IMMOBILIZER . The most likely cause is what is called the win module. It is the module the key goes into. The win needs replaced and programmed, and the key fobs reprogrammed also. This should be done by a chrysler dealer, because there are some issues that make this replacement difficult. Some modules require the fobs to be replaced at the same time.

Stonyman
Stonyman, Ase Certified Master

Hi Stonyman

Thank you for the answer, they tell me that there has been i problem with those modules, changing manufacturere and then they where whorse after that, they have been on back-order in the states ?? Can you give me pn for this module?? I have the DRBIII so i can program the module and the keys, just want the right module?

Thank you

Yes they do have a problem with them. We have to call chrysler and they release them to us at this point. We have to call a number they give us when we go to order them. That is why I recommended going to a dealer. This vehicle also uses the starscan scanner not a drb, and you will have to do what is called a vehicle reconfigure through chryslers system to get it to program properly. If you send me the vin, I can try to get you more info on that.

Ok, thank you Stonyman. I saw this on ebay, you send them your win module and they repair it and send it back, just plug it back in and no programing needed, is that whisable?? Is there any recall for that module??

Thank you

VIN:2A8HR44E49R571704

No recall at this time. I spoke with our parts manager and he said we had to call chrysler's s.t.a.r. to get them. We did look them up, and here is the part numbers according to the tech tips, based off of the fob configuration. I'll write the part number then the fob button config.

68241069-kit for 6 button fob

68241070aa-3 button

68241076aa-5 button

As far as the ebay thing, I know some guys that have used services like this, and had good results. I would call the company and interrogate them a little, and see if you feel comfortable trying them.

Thank you, i am in iceland and here is no official chrysler dealer, but we can get this.

I guess we're a little spoiled here. Wish there was more I could do.

Thank you, we are used to the waiting time here hehe i just ordered the vin module and had send the old one in advance, it´s 500$ core charge on it. I know there are two cars like this one year younger with the vin bypassed just so it can be used because the new vin is on back-order, or so they tell me. You have been a grate help to me. Regards Eyvi

Thank you I hope it all works out. The winter we have been having here in PA,USA, makes me wonder how you deal with it? Best regards.

Tony

Hahaha this island i live in does not hold up to it´s name Iceland, we don´t even have snow right now....... But the weather have been changing alot last years, the climate, it´s cold and windy but less snow. But they say here, if you don´t like the weather just wait 15.mins

Eyvi

That's funny! Let me know how it all works out, and thanks again for allowing me to help you.

Hi, is there any expert in Land Rover?? i am having some suspension trouble in discovery 3 2008 ??

I think so. You can also get a moderator to help you with that.

Hi Stonyman,

I have a problem, i just received the new Win module, along with 2 new keyfobs, i have the starscan and the instructions. My problem is that after i shipped the old win in advance for core, the owner came and had to get some things from the car, he unlocked the car with the metal key and the theft system came on so i unplugged the battery, now when i reconnect the alarm is on with horns and blinks, can i code in the new win with the alarm on, or can i get that to unalarm somehow??

Eyvi