Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

pacifica: how to align the marks

how to align the marks...
how to align the marks
10/10/2013
Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
The timing marks should be as follows,the left cam has a notch on the gear and a notch on the inner timing belt cover.The right side should have the same marks.The crankshaft marks are a notch on the engine (just a little after 12 O'Clock) and a notch on the gear.Do not try to force the engine to align the marks or you will bend the valves.If the timing belt has slipped then you will need to pull the cylinder heads to replace the valves.This motor is a serious valve bender.
Why the negative rating/I am trying to help you.I dont have your car in front of me.Go ahead and ruin your engine if you dont want any assistance.
Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
If you need more help just ask and I will help you as best that I can,Don
Don Knight
Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician