Ryan-CTech
Ryan-CTech, Chrysler Enthusiast
Experience:  Technical-minded multi-skilled auto mechanic with over 10 years’ experience in all aspects of repairing, maintaining and servicing a diverse range of automobiles.
18042535

Chrysler PT Cruiser Turbo: took pt cruiser in for a noise coming

took pt cruiser in for a noise coming from front wheel. they said the bearing was bad and replaced it. Went on vac and when I came home and used the car the sound was still there now they say I need new bushings on the control arms in front and new brakes on the front becasue the rotors are warped and the back breaks are paper thin. The first repair cost 3 hundred dollars, much of mit was labor should they have found these other problems the first time when they were looking for the problem?

yegarboy :

Welcome to JA!

yegarboy :

Control arm bushings are often overlooked. The noise they make can mimic that of a Wheel bearing. But a quick check of the bearings would have revealed if they were bad or not.

yegarboy :

It is possible you had a Bad wheel bearing also, it just depends on the honesty of the garage.

yegarboy :

Just reply to this question when you are ready to Chat :)

Customer:

so they would have seen the bushings when they replaced the bearing?

Customer:

Also they would have seen the rotors at that time so all could have been replaced at one time therefore only paying labor once?

yegarboy :

Not necessarily no, They probably didn't even look at the bushings as they fail way less often.

yegarboy :

Yes they would have noticed the Brakes when they changed the bearing.

yegarboy :

I didn't mean to make you wait :)

Customer:

so i should pay labor again to have everything fixed?

yegarboy :

Unfortunately yes, but it will be much cheaper this time :)

yegarboy :

I would have them prove it had a bad wheel bearing next time :)

yegarboy :

They will show you the slop in the bearing.

yegarboy :

I hope this has answered your question :) If not just reply back with follow up questions :) Please don't forget to Rate :)