Don Knight
Don Knight, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  40+ years experience all makes&models
5784781

Chrysler Sebring JXi (Convertible): i have a 01 chrysler sebring

i have a 01 chrysler sebring convertable that has the check engine light on i pluged the scanner in and its getting no power the scanner works i checked it on another car to b sure the car needs to pass emissions so i need some help is there a chrysler mechanic that is up on this if so please help

Don Knight :

Check the fuse #5 in the junction block fuse panel(left front kick panel).That fuse supplies power to the data link connector.You could also try to manuelly retrive the code by cycling the key on and off three times and on the third time leave the key in the run position and look at the odometer.If you have any codes they should appear there.Please let me know if you need more assistance,Don

Customer:

the fuze was bad but the codes are gone i had a dead battery so ill have to drive it and see what comes back the car seems to b running rich ill let u no and thanks for getting on this so quick i would like to ask u all my chrysler questions in the future i would leave u a fat tip but i been out of work for a year from a car crash just getting back on my feet but thank you ery much

glad to help.Just let me know if you need more help,Don