Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Pacifica Touring: 2007 Pacifica says "Low Brake Fluid"

2007 Pacifica says "Low Brake...
2007 Pacifica says "Low Brake Fluid" red idiot is on. Reservoir is full of fluid and no change in light or warning for 4 days and 300 miles. Good pedal, not spongy.
Any ideas? Where is the sensor located, can't see any wires?
5/20/2013
Chris
Chris, Technician

Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you! This is probably a failed low brake fluid sensor in the master cylinder reservoir. If you look at the bottom edge of the reservoir, you should be able to see where the connector plugs into the sensor. Replacing it should take care of this problem.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

So where is this sensor located at on the reservoir. I can't remember seeing a wire around the master cylinder

Let me see if I can get a picture for you. I will be back in a bit.

Chris

Mike, the sensor is #1 in the picture.

Chris

graphic

Chris
Chris, Technician
Will this bad sensor cause the red light to be on? About 60,000 miles ago I had to add brake fluid but I can't remember that the red light came on. Could there be a blown fuse/ If so what fuse is it with? Everything seems to be working but if it is with the Anti-Lock, I haven't have to test if that's working. If it was would that cause the red light to come on? Or does the low brake fluid also cause the light to come on?

Thanks

Well Mike if the sensor is reading a "false" low brake fluid level, then yes it would cause the red brake light to come on. It is not a fuse. If there was a problem with the ABS, then you would have a Yellow ABS light on also. Now let me clarify something: when you said in your original question that the "low brake fluid" red idiot light is on, does it actually say "low brake fluid"? or does it just say "brake" which is the same light that illuminates when the parking brake is on?

Chris

It does say "Low Brake Fluid". It seems the sensors are hard to get but can get one from the Chrysler warehouse in Minneapolis through my dealer.
After reading your question again the Information Window on the lower left of the instrument cluster says "Low Brake Fluid" and also the red brake light is on

Ok, then it is probably is that sensor Mike. Go ahead and replace it.

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Technician