Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

Chrysler Town & Country Limited: REAR LIFT GATE DOES NOT

REAR LIFT GATE DOES NOT OPEN RIGHT ON 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN & COUNTRY. IT OPENS AND GOES BACK DOWN

Hello and welcome, Super mechanic here. Thank you for trusting us with your concern. I will do my best to help you with your question.

.

.

****You have the hit happy face or a high rating for me to get paid for the answer.*****

.

.

If you need any more on it just let me know. Thanks

..

About your vehicle.

.

….

There has been a service bulletin for that type of concern. It involves a reprogram of the PLG module and that would have to be done by the dealer, I hate to have to say.

.

.

Here is what it states.

.

.

Body - Sliding Door/Liftgate Erratic Operation

NUMBER: 23-041-02

GROUP: Body

DATE: Sept. 16, 2002

THIS BULLETIN IS BEING PROVIDED IN ADVANCE. THE MDS2 MUST BE OPERATING WITH CIS/ISIS CD2118 OR HIGHER AVAILABLE OCTOBER 14, 2002.

.

.

SUBJECT:
Power Sliding Door and/or Power Liftgate Will Pop Off but Not Power Open NOTE :THIS BULLETIN SHOULD BE PERFORMED ON ALL IN STOCK VEHICLES BUILT BETWEEN NOVEMBER 1, 2001 (MDH110/XX) AND AUGUST 31, 2002 (MDH 0831XX).

.
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves flashing each Power Sliding Door (PSD) and/or Power Liftgate (PLG) module(s) and resetting obstacle detection values.
.
.

MODELS:

2002 - 2003 (RS) Town & Country/Caravan/Voyager 2002 - 2003 (RG) Chrysler Voyager (International Markets)

.
.

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

When opening the PSD and/or PLG using the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE), overhead console switch, or B pillar switch, the PSD and/or PLG may "pop off" but not power open. The power close feature will operate correctly.

.

.

DIAGNOSIS:

If the customer describes the above symptom/condition and the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is INCOMPLETE POWER OPEN - EXCESSIVE HALL EFFECT SIGNAL (active or stored), flash each PSD and/or PLG module(s) the vehicle is equipped with and reset obstacle detection values in each module flashed.

.

.

NOTE :DTC "INCOMPLETE LATCH RELEASE - SECTOR GEAR RETURN FAILURE" (ACTIVE OR STORED) MAY OR MAY NOT BE PRESENT ALSO.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer I have already solved the problem by replacing the to support that I appreciate which may help me with my side door on the left side it is me problems. I will give you a good. Rateing. is thank you very much again

Your welcome and come again, anytime, thanks

.