Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Crossfire Limited: how do I turn off crossfire al

how do I turn off...
how do I turn off crossfire alarm?
3/24/2012
Walt-Mod
Walt-Mod, Moderator

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Yes I still need to know how to disable the alarm on my 2005 crossfire. I didn't even know it had an alarm and I don't know how to set it off ( turn it on). It has been coming on often but I don't know when it started or why. when my son first told me my lights were flashing I thought maybe a cat or something set it off but it has come on when we were standing in the driveway and not moving. I've had the car almost 2 years and have not put 1000 miles on it. If it stalls, it won't start for a while. I had not driven a straight shift in a long time and killed it in 1st gear at a red light. I sat there 10 minutes and annoyed a lot of people before it would start again. It might be the ignition, starter or I don't know what but back to my question. I was wondering if there's a way to turn off the alarm, not just when it comes on by itself, which I haven't figured out but turned off so that it won't come on at all. Thanks.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you.. The only way to disarm the Crossfire is with a Remote or a Valid key being in the Ignition.. There is no way to permanently disable the alarm.. If the alarm sounds at various times the best way to see what triggered it is to have it scanned by a Dealership with the DRBIII.. They can go in and see what triggered the alarm last..

It could be a:
FALSE GLOVE BOX SWITCH SIGNAL
FALSE LIFTGATE LOCK SWITCH SIGNAL
FALSE HOOD AJAR SWITCH SIGNAL
FALSE LEFT DOOR AJAR SWITCH SIGNAL
FALSE RIGHT DOOR AJAR SWITCH SIGNAL
FALSE IGNITION SWITCH SIGNAL
FALSE BRAKE LAMP SWITCH SIGNAL
FALSE ANTI-THEFT TOW SENSOR SIGNAL
INTERMITTENT CONDITION

The dealership will be able to find it and repair it...

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.. Thanks Brad!!!Smile

Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician
Brad, you said it could be various things that are ajar or the alarm system thinks is ajar. gascap wasn't mentioned. My gas cap is supposed lock when the doors lock but it doesn't. The latch inside the cover won't catch. Could this cause my alarm to go off? I am going to do what you suggested as soon as I can get my battery charged. The car is a six speed and I am 5'0". With the seat up all the way I can barely get the clutch in all the way. If I kill it in first (I don't have any problems with the other gears which makes me think it doesn't have to be all the way to the floor in first. Is that poosible? In everything but first I don't concentrate so much on pushing the clutch to the floor. I'm afraid to try it without asking someone about it first. I've only driven this car about 500 miles if that. It has other problems. The seats don't heat, I can't figure out the nav system and a book didn't come with it. If it dies with me it doesn't crank up sometimes for a long time, not every time though. Thank you if you can answer about any of these. Sincerely, Tess
Well that is alot of questions.. I dont think the gas cap will cause the alarm to sound, and as long it dont grind the gears you dont need to press the clutch in all the way.. Have you checked the fuses for the seats not heating, and the not starting for a long time is either fuel pump or electrical sensor.. Here is the link to download a owners manual...

http://www.chrysler.com/en/owners/manuals/

Thank you Brad. I will save this link. my printer isn't working. Maybe I can peruse through it and find where those fuses are and I'll have to take the car in for the other, the fuel pump or electrical sensor. Thanks for the info about the clutch, I thought I didn't need to push it in all the way like the said as long as the gears don't grind but my last straight shift was a 86 celica and it shifted so easy it was like driving an autumatic. I've had 4 in the floors three on the tree and about every kind of transmission you can imagine and this is the only one that gave me trouble finding the gears sometimes. sometimes it shifts easy. Thanks for the link, I will use it as soon as I can. thank you, Tess

Your more than welcome.....
Brad
Brad
Brad, Dealership Technician