Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Pacifica: flashing..6 disk player..it..of them..Any ideas

Customer Question
I have an 05 Pacifica...
I have an 05 Pacifica and the dvd player is flashing three lights back and forth above the numbers on the 6 disk player..it won't play any of the disks currently in it and it says ERROR when you try to play one, it also won't eject any of them..Any ideas?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/23/2012
Chrysler Mechanic: romee619, Mechanic replied 5 years ago
romee619
romee619, Mechanic
You can try running a dvd lense cleaner through your player, and if that doesn't remedy the problem you may need to replace the dvd player itself.
Can't even get a disk to go in player. No way to get a lense disk cleaner in...
The internals of the dvd player are not usually serviceable which means, sorry to say you may need a new player.
Even if it is still flashing and trying to circulate? It makes the sound like it is trying to eject the disks, but nothing comes out and I know it is loaded with disks.
Unfortunately the dvd players aren't designed to be serviced if something on the inside fails. It sounds as if a belt drive inside may have jammed or broke.
How do I get the disks out that are in it?
Unfortunately, there's no safe answer to that without possibly further damaging your dvd player or the discs inside. The service technician that replaces your unit will be able to safely retrieve them for you.
romee619
romee619, Mechanic
romee619
romee619
romee619, Mechanic