How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mopar Certified Your Own Question
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Category: Chrysler
Satisfied Customers: 11332
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
Type Your Chrysler Question Here...
Mopar Certified is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2004 PT Cruiser: change the temp sensor

This answer was rated:

I want to change the temp sensor on my 2004 PT Cruiser. This sounds strange but every picture I see to tell me where it is looks different from my car. I see a hole there but it is blocked. Is there someplace else this sensor can be?
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name isXXXXX don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to alter the answer to your needs.

Where are you looking for the coolant temp sensor?

Is this a turbo engine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is not a turbo. I am looking below the Radiator cap assembly on the thermostat housing. I am ok with cars but not an expert by any means..
Ok, that is the correct location. Here is a pic that I found that you may or may not have seen. This shows it pointing to the outside of the vehicle and I have also seen them on the front side pointing forward, but always in that same location.

This may be hidden from view by the engine torque strut, but it is there.

Mopar Certified and other Chrysler Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok it is on the side not the front. Thank you!
You're very welcome.