Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Technician
Experience:  24 Year Factory Trained and Certified
12104952

2004 PT Cruiser: change the temp sensor

I want to change the temp sensor on my 2004 PT Cruiser. This sounds strange but every picture I see to tell me where it is looks different from my car. I see a hole there but it is blocked. Is there someplace else this sensor can be?
Welcome to Just Answer Chrysler my name isXXXXX don't know your automotive experience level, so I may need to alter the answer to your needs.

Where are you looking for the coolant temp sensor?

Is this a turbo engine?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is not a turbo. I am looking below the Radiator cap assembly on the thermostat housing. I am ok with cars but not an expert by any means..
Ok, that is the correct location. Here is a pic that I found that you may or may not have seen. This shows it pointing to the outside of the vehicle and I have also seen them on the front side pointing forward, but always in that same location.

This may be hidden from view by the engine torque strut, but it is there.

graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok it is on the side not the front. Thank you!
You're very welcome.