Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chrysler Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Chrysler Diagnostics
18617752

Chrysler PT Cruiser: I have a 2001 PT Cruiser.A code read P1193(Manufacturer

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser.A code read P1193(Manufacturer Control Fuel Air Metering) came up.Would that be an idle air control sensor or an air charge temperature sensor?I'm hoping it's the charge one,which if I'm right,is right there on top of the blower deal..Please help.Thank you.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

The P1193 is a fairly straight forward code pinting to a fault with the Inlet Air Temp Sensor. Inspect the air duct tube for any cracks or holes. Make sure the sensor is mounted tightly. Inspect the wire harness and electrical connector for any loose or broken wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, suspect a faulty sensor.
graphic