Derrick
Derrick, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.-Automotive Analysis A6-Electrical A8/L1-Engine Performance Cert., CA Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Tech
7680243

Chrysler Sebring GTC: My 2004 Sebring Convertible has an electrical

My 2004 Sebring Convertible has an electrical issue. I thought it might be the ignition switch so I replaced the ignition switch, starter relay, and lock cylinder and tumblers. The battery is charged. When I turn the key on, the odometer lights up but nothing else - no panel lights, nothing. The car won't start. In the accessory or run positions, the convertible top won't even operate.

Help!
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  Derrick replied 5 years ago.

Have you tried checking your starter and all other fuses?

Thanks,

Derrick

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The fuses in the fuse block on the interior? No. Haven't checked those. Are there any in particular I should check first?

Expert:  Derrick replied 5 years ago.

I would recommend checking them all. Many times on these motors, the starter will short internally and blow the starter fuse and cause some other symptoms. It's always a good idea to check them all. If you find a blown one, replace it and then try and start it. If it starts, then you are good to go. If it blows again, you most likely have a bad starter, it is a common problem on the 2.7L motors.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thank you,

Derrick