Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

2005 CHRYSLER 300: CHECK ENGINE LIGHT..THE VEHICLE RUNS OK

Customer Question
MY 2005 CHRYSLER 300 OIL...
MY 2005 CHRYSLER 300 OIL LIGHT IS BEEN COMING ON AND OFF MY MONTHS NOW THE DEALER TOLD ME IT WAS THE SENDING SWITCH UNIT,BUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ALSO CAME ON TOO. THE VEHICLE RUNS OK ,BUT THE DEALER SAYS IT NEEDS 2BANK CATALYTIC CONVERTER,ALSO THE AIRBAG LIGHT IS ON, HE SAYS I NEED BOTH FRONT IMPACT SENSORS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON. HELP
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Chrysler
11/10/2011
Chrysler Mechanic: garrtim, service manager replied 6 years ago
garrtim
garrtim, service manager

garrtim :

hello, the diagnosis that the dealer gave you sounds correct -- at this point I would just replace the oil sending unit -- then have them reset the computer to see if caty converter code comes back -- as far as airbag -- this is a must to repair -- safety reasons

garrtim
garrtim
garrtim, service manager