Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Town & Country the malfunction indicator light

Customer Question
the malfunction indicator light stays...
the malfunction indicator light stays on ,also the remote start will start but want run but 20 seconds i have a 2008 town and &country how can i fix [email protected]
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Chrysler
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/26/2011
Chrysler Mechanic: brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 years ago
brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is Jeff and I am here to try and assist your with your question. If the light is on there should be a code/s........do you have this code/s?
no code just the yellow light on dash
Try following the example below and see if you get any codes.

you can get the codes from your vehicle with out a scan tool! Simple turn the key on and off three times and do not crank the engine. The last time the key is turned on leave it in the on position and watch the odometer. This procedure will need to be done in a matter of seconds for it to work. The key cycles will look like this: ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON and the codes will look like this:

In this example using a 2008 Dodge truck we got the codes P0171 and P0174 after the last code is displayed you get the message done:

i tryed truning on off 4times no code
Will the vehicle start and run normally with the key?
the remote start will start but wont run
ok......Will the vehicle start and run normally with the key?
yes
OK.....by chance do you have a parts store near where you are? The reason I ask is they normally will check the codes for free as if the light is on there should be a code to tell us why
yes ill get back to you
ok
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Aftermarket & Factory Electronics