Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Town & Country: you replace the heater fan motor..screw

Customer Question
How do you replace the...
How do you replace the heater fan motor in a Chrysler Town & Country? There seems to be a screw I cannot find to get the housing off.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Chrysler
10/23/2011
Chrysler Mechanic: jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech replied 6 years ago
jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech

hi, here are the instructions for the removal of the blower motor, there is one screw near the firewall that holds the housing and you need to pull the carpet back to gain better access to it , as well as the 1 upper screw,the picture I sent shows that ,

• Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  • Remove the passenger side cowl trim panel.
  • Position the carpet to access the front upper screw that secures the air inlet housing.
  • Remove the recirculation door actuator.
  • Disconnect the blower motor wire lead connector from the blower motor resistor or power module, depending on application
  • Remove the one screw (from the top) that secures the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing.
  • Remove the four screws (from the bottom) that secure the lower air inlet housing to the upper air inlet housing and remove the lower HVAC housing
  • Push the rubber grommet through the opening in the lower air inlet housing.
  • Route the blower motor wire lead through the opening in the lower air inlet housing and remove the lower air inlet housing from the vehicle.
  • Position the recirculation-air door as necessary to access and remove the three screws that secure the blower motor to the lower half of the HVAC housing.
  • Gently flex the recirculation air door downward to gain access to remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing. NOTE: To aid in installation, note the position of the blower motor mounting tabs prior to removal
  • Remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing by rotating and tilting the blower motor as necessary
  •  

graphic

jazzmaster
    jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
    jazzmaster
    jazzmaster
    jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech