sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master & Advanced level certified, Chrysler Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2007 pt cruiser: prtctive mode and wont start if it

will the computer for 2007 pt cruiser go into prtctive mode and wont start if it overhheats
Category: Chrysler
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

No. There is nothing that will intentionally prevent the engine from starting if the engine overheats.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.

How is the answer incomplete? You asked if starting is prevented if the engine overheats, and I answered that. The answer is no, there is nothing that will intentionally prevent the engine from starting if it overheats.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I MEANT WILL THE 2007 PT CRUISER COMPUTER GO INTO SATEY MODE AND TURN OFF CAR IF IT OVERHEATS OR ANYTHING ELSE

No, again there is nothing that will intentionally prevent the engine from running if the engine overheats.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
MYABE I SOULD OF PUT IT THIS WAY IF OVERHEATS AND STALLS AND WONT START AFTER THAT WHAT WOULD NOT MAKE IT START
If you continue to drive with an overheating engine until it dies and then it won't restart then you have done internal engine damage. When an engine is overheating it needs to be shut off and repaired immediately.