Chrysler

Chrysler Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chrysler

Chrysler Sebring: leaks..Customer drove with bad thermostat..block

Customer Question
Chrysler Sebring 2001 2.7 motor...
Chrysler Sebring 2001 2.7 motor water outlet housing leaks. Customer drove with bad thermostat for over six months. Is there retrofit for the housing if damage was caused to block
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Chrysler
3/2/2011
Chrysler Mechanic: Richard, Chrysler Technician replied 6 years ago
Richard, Chrysler Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Are you sure the leak isn't coming from the weep hole under the thermostat housing?

Yes it is coming out of weep hole. How do we repair

That weep hole is for the water pump. When coolant leaks from the weep hole, it means your water pump is leaking and will need to be replaced. They have this weep hole so the coolant won't leak past the water pump bearing and into the engine. Don't plug this hole!!

I hope this helps, let me know!

Thank you,

Richard, Chrysler Technician